January 13, 2006

Off To Somewhat Of A Start

I have decided that I will, in fact, post the 'before' picture. At first I was thinking it could be a bit embarrassing. The more I think about it, though, it's really nothing to be embarrassed about. It seems to me that Americans have been horribly mislead as to what is and isn't healthy. For example, the FDA insists that flax seed oil is not benificial in the least, but I know that when I take it regularly, my psoriasis almost disappears. I think there are also some serious issues with the quality of the meat we eat. I will majorly cut back on my meat consumption, if not quit all together.

**Now, I must say, I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE ANYONE TO GO VEGETARIAN. I don't believe it's something I could stick with, myself. Some of the things I have read lately, though, have disgusted me so badly that I have not eaten meat in about two weeks. Another thing I will not do is write the things that I have been reading. While it disgusts me, personally, and I am glad to not be in the dark, some of you may just plain not want to know. And that's okay. However, when I post my picture, and if you happen to be following along and are impressed with my results, I would be more than happy to share the rest of the details with anyone who is curious.

So tomorrow, LeeAnn is going to take my picture. I will post it...I'd like to say tomorrow, as well, but those of you who know me know that I don't always get around to things...so I'll say that I'll post it soon. Along with the picture (which will be in the swimsuit I plan on wearing this summer) I will post my weight.

The whole weight thing is up in the air for me. First off, I don't even know how much I weigh. I know that at my largest (I'm 5'4") I topped out at 167. I don't believe I'm quite that heavy now, but I'm really unsure. Tonight I will purchase a scale and find out. Another thing is, as we all know, muscle weighs more than fat, and I plan on developing considerably more muscle than I currently have. I guess it will just be an interesting fact to go with the pictures.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, January 14, 2006 2:58:00 PM, Blogger sunny said...

Hey, I'm really happy for you! I can't wait to see the new(er) improved(er) version you end up with! (Although I think you're just fantastic the way you are.)

PS: You're not giving up coffee, are you? Please tell me no.

 
At Saturday, January 14, 2006 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I would never deny myself the joy that is coffee. How could I?

 
At Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:48:00 PM, Blogger sunny said...

But the caffiene! It is Pure Evil!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home